I was asked for some info on Youtube SEO, so I thought I’d just whip it into a bullet point list once again. Pretty simple these are the points that you should look to take into account. So another nice quick cheat sheet for the lazy marketer looking to refresh his memory.
- Several tests suggest closed captions are crawled so add them.
- Upload HD vids where possible.
- Properly fill your profile and interact with other users on Youtube, authoritive accounts do better.
- Views and watching till the end seem to impact rankings, different user and different ips open this up to spamming in uncompetitive sectors.
- Add a transcript to your description
- Get your keywords in the video title
- Try and make your descriptions keyword rich
- Tag the videos with KWs
- Try to manipulate the image displayed if it doesn’t disrupt the flow of the video as improved CTR means more views
- Remember lots of useless videos on your channel will devalue it, so avoid adding content that nobody will watch just for contents sake
- Try and seed the content elsewhere to start if the market is saturated
I don’t have much more to say on Youtube optimisation, and it has been a while since I’ve actually done anything on this. So, if anyone has any more information on it or extra points that need adding feel free to drop a comment and I’ll add it to the list with a reference to the submitter.